Academic Support Assistants provide vital support to students with disabilities to enable them to access their course of study and to develop their skills and confidence. The work is varied and is able to fit around your studies or other commitments. The role can involve the following (this is not an exhaustive list),
- Notetaking – either in lectures / seminars or from recorded content
- Physical support for day to day tasks such as help to and from lectures, opening doors, carrying books etc
- Assisting wheelchair users or accompanying electric wheelchair users
- Providing library support – searching catalogues, books and journals and assisting to retrieve and return items to shelves
- Supporting students to develop their resilience, independence and autonomy.
There are 3 areas of work under which the activities fall as detailed in the Job Description and these roles are paid at differing rates. The work assigned to successful candidates will depend on experience and also the needs of the students allocated to the ASA.
Practical Support – £11.96 per hour
Enhanced Assistance – £13.45 per hour
Study Assistance – £14.68 per hour
The position we are filling is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory DBS disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of our clearance procedures.
Full training and ongoing support will be given to all successful candidates and you will need to have an enhanced DBS check completed.
This post is available on a full-time or job share basis. If you wish to apply on a job share basis you must state this on your application.
Please be advised that due to the minimum salary thresholds imposed by the UKVI, this post will not qualify for University sponsorship under the Skilled Worker visa route.
For further details of this and other posts, please refer to our website at http://www.tees.ac.uk/jobs
Please note if you are invited to interview this will take place via Microsoft TeamsApply Now!