About the employer
Prior Pursglove and Stockton Sixth Form College is a sixth form college with sites in Guisborough and Stockton-on-Tees. The college is a result of a merger between Prior Pursglove College and Stockton Sixth Form College in May 2016. The college is led by the principal who is accountable to the board of governors.
Tees Valley Trust are seeking a hardworking accounting apprentice to join their team. The successful candidate will gain a Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant apprenticeship. You will be assisting with the maintenance of the cash book, maintenance and reconciliation of petty cash floats etc.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintenance of the cash book
- Maintenance and reconciliation of petty cash floats
- Maintenance of the general ledger in the Sage accounts system
- Maintenance of the ParentPay cashless payment system including issuing letters, reminders for login details and payment queries
- Producing reports and issuing to colleagues regarding budgets etc.
- Processing journals in the Sage accounts system
- Reconciling and filing supplier statements
- Processing purchase orders
- Providing occasional administrative support by carrying out photocopying and Reprographics, such as production of letters, handouts, leaflets, booklets, exam papers
- If required, to provide administrative support at college events such as open evening, and parent consultation evenings
- Carrying out such similar duties as may be required by the principal, commensurate with the post
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- On and off the job training
- Level 2 Accounts or Finance Assistant apprenticeship
- Day release at college or training centre
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.