Brief overview of the role
Tees Valley Education Trust is seeking to appoint a Level 3 Administration Apprentice to work in the Central Team in September. You will work in the busy office, supporting the PA to the CEO and Executive Team, Senior Leadership Team and the Finance Team.
To work in the central business team to support the business and teaching and learning functions throughout the Trust. You will provide general clerical/admin support including photocopying, filing, dealing with staff and visitors to the Trust and planning for events and meetings.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the academy/Trust
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Undertake reception duties; answering the telephone, face to face enquiries, liaising with relevant staff, outside agencies, dealing with visitors etc.
- Assist in the arrangements for meetings, events and other projects etc.
- Provide general clerical/admin. support e.g. photocopying, filing, complete standard forms, respond to routine correspondence
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems
- Maintain the Trust’s websites and social media accounts
- Undertake typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks
- Take notes at meetings
- Sort and distribute mail
- Undertake administrative procedures (E.g. Orders, invoices etc.)
- Operate relevant equipment/ICT packages (e.g. word, excel, databases, spreadsheets, SIMS, Internet)
- Maintain stock and supplies, cataloging and distributing as required
- Provide general advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others
- Undertake general financial administration e.g. processing orders/invoices
- 37.50 hours, Monday – Friday (Hours to be confirmed)
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
- Confident on the phone and a polite telephone manner
- Able to work independently and integrate into an established team
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
- This is an 18 month contract with the opportunity for a full-time role at the end of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)