Brief overview of the role
What will the apprentice be doing?
In this role as an Apprentice Warehouse Operative, you will be involved in a range of different tasks throughout your workday.
Duties will include:
- Receiving all deliveries and checking the goods received
- Liaising with suppliers about deliveries and discrepancies in stock
- Keeping detailed records of shortages and spares of items
- Updating inventory management systems regularly
- Using a computer system to manage stock levels
- Picking and delivering goods by using a forklift
- Organising and delivering goods from the store to the department that requires it
- Keeping stock in the correct places
- Handling of goods in a safe and careful manner
- Managing your workload efficiently
- Following Health and Safety legislation
You will be expected to undertake other duties as necessary by the company.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative at Stockton Riverside College.
- Functional skills Maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Other Driving licence (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
COMMPLEX NETWORK SERVICES LTD