We are recruiting for a Adult Support Worker Apprentice that wants to be involved within the care sector. Full training will be given including the Care Certificate & the Adult Care Worker Level 2 Diploma. We are a small local company with a good reputation with both the Local Authority and the CQC as can be seen in our inspection reports.
What will the apprentice be doing?
You would be expected to maintain care skills at a current level and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain that currency of practice.
To provide care in accordance with current best practice, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations under the direction of the Manager, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time.
- Providing a warm and welcoming care environment.
- Listening to a patient’s needs, wants, and other suggestions about their care.
- Attending to patient’s hygienic needs such as bathing, dressing and undressing, cleaning teeth or dentures, and using the bathroom.
- Recording basic health information such as weight, food intake, and daily bowel movements/urination.
- Reporting any unexpected or worrisome conditions in the patient: medical, psychological, emotional, or otherwise.
- Assisting patients with preparing meals, eating, and cleaning up after themselves.
- Performing household chores on behalf of the patient such as making the bed, tidying up the bedroom, doing laundry, dusting, sweeping, mopping, etc.
- Assisting with shopping, keeping a detailed financial record of all transactions.
- Accompanying patients on approved outings.
- Assisting patients with mobility needs (helping them get up, helping them get into a wheelchair or walker, pushing a wheelchair, etc.)
- Reminding patients to take medication according to their doctor’s prescription.
- Respecting the patients’ privacy and rules of confidentiality.
- Establishing a relationship with each patient and members of patients’ families.
- Answering the telephone and greeting guests on behalf of the patient.
- Responding to medical and other emergencies immediately.