Teesside International Airport is a regional airport seeking to develop global connectivity, along with domestic and European business routes and leisure opportunities. The Airport is also focused on developing broader aviation related activities.
We are looking for 3xATCO (Dual Rated) to join our Air Traffic Control Team! The successful candidates will provide an air traffic control service in accordance with ATC Licence and Certificate(s) of competence held.
Candidate must be a UK ATCO Licence holder.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- The safe orderly and expeditious control of aircraft during ground manoeuvring, parking, start-up, taxiing, take-off, landing and in/in the vicinity of the ATZ.
- Control of vehicles on the manoeuvring area
- Operate the VCCS communication system
- Operate the airfield lighting system
- Initiate aerodrome inspections when required
- Initiate bird scaring operations when required
- Maintain a detailed ATC Watch Log
- Monitor the accuracy and serviceability of the ATC ground equipment and aids; advise the appropriate departments of unserviceability
- Advise aircraft of the status and serviceability of all airfield equipment and aids
- Alert the safety and emergency services when necessary, co-ordinate subsequent operations
- Liaise with aircraft operators and Airport sections on operational matters.
- Provide on the job training (if qualified) to newly appointed ATCOs in accordance with the ATCSL Unit Training Plan
- Provide radar and non-radar approach services in accordance with MATS Part 1 and 2
- Operate the radar display console
- Provide a LARS service during the notified hours of operation
- Provide weather information and essential information pertinent to the safe conduct of flight to pilots, a current Met Certificate would be advisable
- Co-ordinate with neighbouring ATC Approach/Radar units
- Co-ordinate with airspace users according to the terms of any Letters of Agreement (LoAs)
Skills & Experience
- UK ATCO Licence holder
- Valid Class 3 medical
- ADI & APS Rating
- Class 3 ATCO Medical
- Clean Driving Licence
- Experience as a valid ADI/APS controller.
- Team Player
- Met Observers Qualification
- OJTI, UCA Endorsement
- Verifier/Evaluator Qualification
- Class D/Class G Airspace experience