An apprenticeship with Creative Support is the start of a fulfilling and rewarding career in the care sector. You will gain valuable experience working in support services while also undertaking a level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care. Above all, you will have the opportunity to make a difference and have a positive impact on people’s lives.
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be providing person-centred support for adults with a wide range of support needs, enabling them to achieve their goals, participate in the community, and enjoy a fulfilling and valued life.
You will be encouraging people to be as independent and confident as possible in the following areas:
- Social skills/relationships
- Personal care & hygiene
- Monitoring and administration of medication
- Daily living skills
- Leisure and work activities
- Self organisation and coping abilities
- Personal safety
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will gain valuable experience working in a specialist area of adult support services while undertaking a level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care. You will also complete the Care Certificate and attend Creative Support’s mandatory training
- You will be supported by a tutor from a Training Provider and a dedicated mentor at work. 20% of your working hours will be spent ‘off-the-job’ completing your professional training. When and where you spend this time will be agreed with your mentor
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The apprenticeship programme is designed to help you gain the technical knowledge and practical experience needed to become a caring, confident and skilled Adult Care Worker. Once completed, you could use your qualification to work towards a higher level diploma or specialise in a specific area of Health and Social Care