Brief overview of the role
Vaux Fletcher Solicitors are looking for a hardworking and dedicated individual to work within their office. This is the perfect opportunity to start your career in the legal sector and gain experience with a reputable company.
What will the apprentice be doing?
New Case Duties
- Providing quotes and estimates for standard transactions.
- Processing the receipt of new instructions.
- Entering new clients and cases onto the case management system.
- Receiving client ID documents, completing ID forms, scanning onto the case management system.
- Preparing a sale contract and supporting protocol documents.
Case Progression duties
- Assessing title, filed plan contract documentation and raising enquiries on purchases.
- Commissioning searches and interpreting the results.
- Preparing transfer deeds.
- Obtaining quotes for indemnity insurance.
- Checking mortgage documentation.
- Exchanging contracts under the Law Society’s Standard formula for telephonic exchange.
- Completing transmission request forms for submission to the Accounts Department to send purchase and redemption monies.
Post Completion Duties
- Documenting Priority Periods for registration.
- Payment of Estate Agent’s fees and proceeds of sale.
- Submitting applications for registration to HM Land Registry.
- Dealing with all contractual matter of leasehold and freehold property transactions and sale and purchase of businesses.
- Opening wills files, preparing and sending client care letters with questionnaire.
- Obtaining wills instructions, drafting and executing wills, keeping and archiving records.
- Taking Lasting Power of Attorney Instructions, dealing with capacity issues.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Paralegal at Bede Sixth Form College.
- Functional Skills Maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
A Level or equivalent Any subjects (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential