Brief overview of the role
Vaux Fletcher Solicitors have an opportunity available for a law graduate to complete a level 6 Chartered Legal executive qualification whilst gaining relevant experience in the legal sector. As the role progresses you will be given more responsibility and eventually deal with more complex matters.
What will the apprentice be doing?
New Case Duties
- Generating initial client care letters, T&Cs, accompanying documentation and client information forms.
- Conducting conflict, AML and due diligence checks.
- Entering new clients and cases onto the case management system.
- Receiving client ID documents, completing ID forms, scanning onto the case management system.
- Receipt of completed client information forms and inputting of new data onto the case management system.
- Preparing a sale contract and supporting protocol documents.
Case Progression duties
- Assessing title, filed plan contract documentation and raising enquiries on purchases.
- Commissioning searches and interpreting the results.
- Preparing transfer deeds.
- Obtaining quotes for indemnity insurance.
- Preparing Reports on Title and Completion Statements.
- Exchanging contracts under the Law Society’s Standard formula for telephonic exchange.
- Completing final priority searches and preparing for completion.
- Completing transmission request forms for submission to the Accounts Department to send purchase and redemption monies.
- Complying with the Law Society’s code for completion by post.
Post Completion Duties
- Documenting Priority Periods for registration.
- Payment of Estate Agent’s fees and proceeds of sale.
- Submitting applications for registration to HM Land Registry.
- Completing the file closure form, scanning key documents and saving on case management system, setting a file destruction date, archiving and logging relevant dates and filing location on the case management system.
- Dealing with all contractual matter of leasehold and freehold property transactions and sale and purchase of businesses.
- Opening wills files, preparing and sending client care letters with questionnaires.
- Obtaining wills instructions, drafting and executing wills, keeping and archiving records.
- Taking Lasting Power of Attorney Instructions, dealing with capacity issues.
- Dealing with applications for Probate and Letters of Administration.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 6 Chartered Legal Executive at Bede Sixth Form College.
- Functional Skills Maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Other Law Degree (Grade Second class honours or above) Essential