About the employer
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Chef, you will be integral to the success of our kitchen and our business. We are small, family business – so you will be working with a small team and taking key responsibilities. Whether that is supporting with prep work, cooking tasty dishes, cleaning down or contributing to menu revisions and specials – your involvement is crucial.
- Preparing everything ready for service
- Cooking dishes to spec, recipe and brand standards
- Keeping the kitchen clean
- Supporting the creation of new menu ideas and specials
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will gain the following qualifications:
- Commis Chef Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Your training will be a mix of:
- In-house training and support
- Workshops and Webinars
- Progress Reviews and Feedback Sessions
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Continue to progress in kitchen and culinary professions such as Chef de Partie or Senior / Head Chef, management or specialist kitchen section.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C / 4 or higher) Desired