Brief overview of the role
Selwood – To work as part of the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) team, providing administrative support across a range of SHEQ related duties. The role will include taking overall responsibility for administrative support, including maintaining data quality, facilitating management system updates, and distribution and control of documents.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist in the managing of the Quality, H&S and Environmental Management Systems in establishing, implementing and maintaining the management systems in accordance with both business requirements and the requirements of the relevant standards.
- Assist with identifying improvements to the business through the management systems.
- Provide support to the SHEQ team in order to achieve excellent safety, health, environmental and quality (SHEQ) standards across the business.
- Assist in the preparation of SHEQ assessments/management plans.
- Managing client feedback processes including the client survey, client commendations and client complaints.
- Assist in the management of external audit function with our accreditation auditors.
- Follow up with line managers to obtain relevant information for things such as incident investigations, non-conformances, customer complaints etc.
- Assist in processing SHEQ audits to ensure timely and accurate performance levels are met.
- Communicate with customers, clients, supply chain contacts and operational team members to and complete administrative tasks to ensure compliance with SHEQ standards.
- Assist in delivering and implementing SHEQ standards both internally and on our client’s projects as required.
- Provide support in relation to document control and improvement requests within the management systems.
- Provide support in relation to creating and issuing SHEQ reports to operational teams across the business.
- Assist in the development of SHEQ communications, products and training content as required.
- Assist with internal quality audits in support of our ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 compliance.
- Assisting in the reviewing, modifying and creating of risk assessments, works instructions and safe systems of work.
Other duties as deemed relevant from time to time for the proper execution of the business.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration at Stockton Riverside College.
- Functional Skills Maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired