Brief overview of the role
Render Alarms – As an apprentice multi-disciplined electronic fire & security engineer you will learn to design, install and maintain fire & security systems to British and European standards.
What will the apprentice be doing?
During your training period, you will be working on the following systems
- Fire Alarms: You will learn how to design, install and maintain M (Call Point), P (Property), L (Life) classified fire detection systems. Your training will include in house training, manufacturers training and external certification.
Fire alarm systems can also be connected to our monitored systems to alert the emergency services and approved persons.
- Intruder Alarms: You will learn how to design, install and maintain wired and wireless intruder alarm systems. Your training will be completed in house and with various manufacturers. The systems you will be working on include bells only, mobile app connected, auto dialler and fully monitored systems with police response.
- CCTV Systems: The CCTV systems you will be working on range from singe camera systems to multi-site and remotely monitored systems. You will learn to design, install and maintain analogue, SDI, TVI & IP CCTV systems. The modern HD CCTV systems you will be working on are at least 1080P standard and will soon include 4K UHD resolution.
The CCTV systems you will be working on can include the following functions:
- Remote connectivity to mobile phones and computers
- Integrated with alarm detection devices to provide remotely monitored CCTV
- Integration to audio devices for giving warnings on remotely monitored systems
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition systems
- Wireless IP networking systems
- Video analytics
Your training will be conducted in-house and alongside various manufacturers.
- Access Control Systems & Door Access: You will be highly skilled in various market leading access control and door access systems. You will learn to design, install and maintain systems from single door to multi building.
- Nurse Call Systems: We provide nurse call and personal attack systems to many medical practices and hospitals in the area. You learn to design, install and maintain these systems with the help of our in house training as well as manufacturer’s courses.
- Monitored Systems: We provide monitored systems through our sister company North East Monitoring Services Ltd. You will learn to work on market leading monitoring systems for Fire, Intruder and CCTV systems. The signalling used include IP, PSTN, ISDN, GSM and GPRS, 4G as well as other bespoke systems such as BT RedCARE. You will undergo in house and manufacturer training to be an expert in installing these systems.
Render Alarms provides services to many thousands of satisfied customers and your work place can be varied. Workplaces can include
- Residential premises
- Building Sites
- Hospitals and Medical Centres
- Farms and agricultural buildings
- Industrial Sites
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Fire Emergency and Security Systems Technician
Functional skills Maths & English, if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Fire & Security Engineer. The security industry has many different avenues that can be taken.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired