About the employer
Information on the company The Applebridge Family is a group of eight construction companies who offer a wide range of construction disciplines within the residential, commercial, and multi-utility sectors. With a collective annual turnover of £80 million our businesses deliver an extensive range of capabilities and capacities in the areas of earthworks, plant hire, groundworks, civil engineering, and multi-utilities, retaining wall solutions, building services and road surfacing. Applebridge Construction Ltd have been Ranked number 4 in the country for the new 2022 Top 50 SME Apprenticeship Employer rankings. The rankings recognise employers for their commitment to employing apprentices, their creation of new apprenticeships, the diversity of their new apprentices, and the number of apprentices who completed their apprenticeships and progress further with the employer.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide input into producing, managing and validation of Material Management Plans
- Assist Site Manager with remediation and earthworks testing
- Maintaining QA logs, and raising issues
- Assist Technical Manager in producing Remediation and Earthworks Validation Reports
- Understanding and communicating Remediation Strategy and Earthworks Specifications with the site team
- Sampling and scheduling environmental and Geotechnical samples for laboratory testing
- Supervision of site investigation work
- Assist in producing earthworks and remediation pre-construction and operational strategies
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end:
- At the end of the apprenticeship, the apprentice will gain a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship construction site Engineering Technician (Civil Engineering)
- One day per week Studying at middlesbrough College or a college of your choice and four days working on site
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of the apprenticeship programme you may have the opportunity to progress to higher level apprenticeship degree in Civil Engineering
Desired skills and personal qualitiesCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
QualificationsGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Level 3 Construction or Civil engineering (Grade Pass) Essential