About the employer
What will the apprentice be doing?
Technicians will be trained in all aspects of heavy vehicle repair and will include diagnostics using OEM equipment for Mercedes, Scania, DAF & IVECO.
Our HGV Technicians service and maintain all aspects of our modern and varied fleet of heavy goods vehicles, trailers & tail lifts.
Our fully equipped and IRTEC accredited Workshops all have the ability to complete:
- Roller brake tests
- Tacho calibrations
- Air conditioning service/repairs
- Windscreen repair
- Tail lift statutory inspections & weight tests
- And much more…
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- To gain a level 3 qualification and become a fully qualified HGV technician
- To gain skills on site and in college to further their development
- 2-week block release at the Stephenson’s Campus
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To complete apprenticeship, gain a level 3 qualification as a HGV technician. With the possibility of career progression to a full-time position with the company.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential