Brief overview of the role
NT Sweeting are looking for apprentices who are dedicated and committed to join their team and learn the trade of roofing. This role consists of working at heights to install a range of roofing materials and products on jobs as small as working on a single tile to as large as replacing an entire roof.
What will the apprentice be doing?
During this roofing apprenticeship you will learn different techniques to become a qualified roofer, some of the duties include:
- Installing a range of roofing materials and products, at height.
- Installing main roof coverings, fixings, fittings and components.
- Interpreting drawings.
- Mixing and applying mortar.
- Measuring and calculating the required amount of materials.
- Transport materials needed for the job to the roof.
- Familiarise yourself with both hand and power tools.
- Maintain an organised workspace and ensure all tools are returned to the van at the end of the day.
- Assist colleagues where needed.
- Follow all required health and safety guidelines.
- Any other duties as required by the business.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Roofing at Redcar & Cleveland College.
- Functional skills maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
39 hours, Monday to Thursday 7.30am – 4.00pm. Fridays 7.30am – 3.00pm
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
N T SWEETING ROOFING CONTRACTOR LTD
38 PORTRACK GRANGE ROAD
STOCKTON ON TEES