Brief overview of the role
Begbies Traynor – To provide general support to the team to meet clients’ needs, with a view to developing and taking responsibility for your own portfolio of cases over time. The role will primarily involve assisting on corporate insolvency cases and at times in relation to personal insolvency and advisory matters. An opportunity to work from home once trained. NMW
What will the apprentice be doing?
In this role you will be providing assistance to the team with the goal of becoming trained in insolvency cases. Some of the duties include:
- Communicating with stakeholders including directors, shareholders, creditors, employees and bankrupts
- Preparation of statutory paperwork, reports and routine case correspondence using standard templates
- Assistance with the completion of case reviews and diary maintenance
- Assisting with the realisation of tangible and intangible assets including the collection of debts, in conjunction with agents as required
- Liaising with solicitors and accountants as required and seeking to develop long term relationships to benefit work delivery and future client opportunities
- Undertaking investigations into director conduct and the existence of assets
- Preparation of corporation tax and VAT returns
- Aiding in the preparation of estimated outcome statements and other documents for stakeholders including banks and other financial institutions
- Review of creditor claims and distribution of funds
- Completion of daily time sheets to record activities completed
- Providing ad-hoc administrative support to the team as required including electronic filing of all documentation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration
- Functional skills Maths & English, if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Driving licence (Grade Pass) Desired