Brief overview of the role
What will the apprentice be doing?
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assembly and testing of hose assemblies to customer specification.
- Serving at the trade counter, making hoses to pattern and ensuring all paperwork is complete.
- Maintain and keep clean all work areas, ensuring all waste is stored correctly.
- Be aware of use and maintenance of safety equipment and fully utilise all safety items within the legal and H&S requirements.
- Maintain dress and appearance standards wearing corporate uniform at all times of employment and maintain it in a clean and suitable condition.
- To provide support with stock orders in line with Operation Managers requirements.
- Attend all weekly/monthly staff meetings.
- Attend any training courses as deemed necessary.
- Effect repairs to customer equipment outside the trade counter area.
- To carry out all assembly techniques as per supplier or in-house procedures.
- To work off site as and when required.
- To be aware of environmental issues associated with workshop procedures.
- To have the ability to operate all hose assembly machinery and equipment.
- To ensure that work areas are always maintained clean and hazard free.
- To report any safety defects to the Assistant/Operations Manager immediately.
- To actively contribute to the overall team activities and promote good working practices.
- To be flexible in providing cover for other areas within the workshop as and when required, especially to cover absence or holidays.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing at Stockton Riverside College.
- Functional Skills Maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
37.50 Hours, Monday to Friday, hours to be confirmed.
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- Time management
- Ability to prioritise work
- Clear and logical thinking
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4) desirable
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) desirable
- 72 Jay Ave
- Teesside Industrial Estate
- TS17 9LZ