Brief overview of the role
What will the apprentice be doing?
Performing tasks as directed by the Line Manager including assisting in bricklaying work to create and maintain structures, walls, chimneys, foundations etc. using various types of blocks, bricks, tiles, boards, and stone.
Main tasks and responsibilities day-to-day include:
- General assistance to the bricklayer including assisting with bricklaying work as per the description above.
- Assisting in pointing, and internal block work as directed.
- Assisting with storage, lifting, fetching supplies, unloading and checking deliveries and undertaking tasks to assist bricklayers generally.
- Undertake any other task as directed by the Line Manager or skilled bricklayer.
- Communicate with both the Line Manager, skilled bricklayer or other site workers when performing jobs as required/requested.
- Using own initiative within the agreed role.
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies are adhered to.
- Report any problems immediately to your Line Manager/skilled bricklayer.
- Maintain accurate worksheets associated with your work.
- Working behaviour to be respectful to both clients and colleagues.
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Receive regular training and attend college as and when agreed.
- The role is part of the whole company and will require you to perform tasks that are required for the completion of the job.
- Equipment will be provided for you to use in your job role and must be used in accordance with the training provider and must be kept clean and in good working order.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Bricklayer at Redcar and Cleveland College.
- Functional Skills maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Other Driving licence (Grade Pass) Desired