Brief overview of the role
Community Campus are looking for a painting and decorating apprentice to join their team. Upon completion the candidate will have a level 2 painter and decorator apprenticeship.
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Carry out relevant painting and decorating duties on responsive and planned works as requested to client specifications and to Community Campus standards.
- Work flexibly across the repairs and maintenance service ensuring void properties are available for occupancy as soon as possible.
- Use authorised equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised.
- Filling & sanding.
- Priming and undercoat.
- Prepare the work area safely providing dust sheets and protection to furniture and adjacent surfaces.
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller in the workplace.
- Identify hazards and risks in the workplace ensuring a safe environment is maintained at all times.
- Select, use, maintain and store, paint, tools, wallcoverings, spray equipment, steps, ladders and towers safely.
- Conform to efficient working practices.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Painting & Decorating at Stockton Riverside College.
- Functional Skills Maths & English if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Become a qualified painter and decorator who can progress into full-time employment or self-employment
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
COMMUNITY CAMPUS LTD