Guisborough Montessori nursery are looking for someone who is reliable and can use their initiative to join their team. Reporting to the Nursery Manager, you will be responsible for working with all children in the Nursery to enable them to make the best use of the educational opportunities available to them.
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support other staff members in delivering an exciting programme of events for the children in our care
- To establish supportive relationships with the children
- To establish supportive relationships with parents
- To promote the acceptance and inclusion of the child(s) with SEN, encouraging children to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner
- To be responsible, with support, for the monitoring of children’s learning and developmental progress
- To give positive encouragement, feedback and praise to reinforce and sustain the child’s efforts and develop self-reliance and self-esteem
- To support the child in developing social skills both in and out of the areas in the nursery
- To support the use of ICT in learning activities and with specific programmes to support learning
- To know and apply nursery policies on Child Protection, Health and Safety, Behaviour, Teaching and Learning, Equal Opportunities etc.
- To comply with legal and organisational requirements for maintaining the health, safety and security of yourself and others in the learning environment
- To take part in performance review processes and training activities offered by the nursery to continue to extend personal development
- To be willing to support break time supervision
- To accompany children on educational visits
This job description sets out the main responsibilities for the postholder but is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Specific duties may change from time to time without changing the general nature of the post and the postholder is expected to be flexible in the range of responsibilities they undertake.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator at Redcar & Cleveland College
- Functional Skills Maths & English, if required
- First aid qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Other Paediatric First Aid certificate (Grade Pass) Desired