Brief overview of the role
The Oval Childcare are looking for an Apprentice who is passionate about working with children to help support the team in their nursery. The successful candidate will be completing a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship alongside this role.
In this role you will be expected to undertake a range of duties to help support the children in the nursery, some of which include:
- Support the children to learn to be independent and learn life skills
- Support the childminder and childcare assistant in delivering a positive image of the setting and care provided
- First Aid training and after completion reporting accidents in the correct steps
- Provide ideas for activities
- Support the children nurturing their interests and encourage their ideas during play and learning
- Encourage the children to show respect to each other
- Provide care for the children using the setting
- Help the children with personal hygiene
- Help keep the setting safe and tidy during the day
- Help with general housekeeping in relation to the childcare element
- Encourage the children to express their ideas and wishes
- Respect the children’s opinions and beliefs
- After training contribute to assessments, planning and children’s learning and development
- Show respect and value the parents/carers and visitors at the setting and places and people we visit within the community
- Contribute during team meetings, having respect for other people’s opinions and beliefs
- 30 Hours, Monday – Friday, shifts to be confirmed.
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm in everything you do
- Passion for working with children
- To demonstrate a genuine care for children
- To take an interest in the children and their families, to treat them as individuals and with respect at all times
- To provide, at all times, a warm and caring environment for the children
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
This is an 12-month contract with the possibility of a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)