Brief overview of the role
GV Decorators – A fantastic opportunity to start a career in Painting & Decorating with an established, family run business in Middlesbrough. GV Decorators are looking for a reliable and enthusiastic apprentice to join their growing team.
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will be trained and supervised in some of the following areas:
- Prepare the work area safely providing dust sheets and protection to furniture and adjacent surfaces
- Identify hazards and risks in the workplace ensuring a safe environment is maintained at all times
- Select, use, maintain and store, paint, tools, wallcoverings, spray equipment, steps, ladders and towers safely
- Follow and maintain work procedures and method statements
- Make the most efficient and effective use of resources, time and materials
- Work to allocated times and schedules for the project
- Identify different building methods e.g. steel frame, reinforced concrete frame, traditional solid wall and cavity wall, block and dry lined which determine the appropriate paint products and specifications
- Advise clients about basic colour choices
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Painter & Decorator at Stockton Riverside College
- Functional Skills maths & English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a well regarded and recognised qualification in the Painting & Decorating industry. GV Decorators are looking to invest in their workforce and further training and progression will be offered upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired