About the employer
Applebridge consists of two core specialist divisions civils and utilities. With offices in North East England and Yorkshire, we offer a regional service, with expert teams of specialists bringing decades of collective industry experience. We have worked in partnership with our clients across an array of industries for almost a decade, with specialist experience across: Speculative housing Social housing Health and social care Education Law and order Retail Infrastructure Energy.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Cost estimate, cost planning and cost management
- Tender management including preparation of bills of quantities, contract conditions and assembly of tender documents
- Contract management and contractual advice
- Valuation of construction work
- Claims and dispute management
- Subcontract account management.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Construction quantity surveyor degree apprenticeship quantity Surveying
- Studying at Northumbria University
- One day per week studying at Northumbria University and four days on site.
- Industry certificates in Site Safety Plus Site Managers’ Safety Training Scheme and Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme which are required for safe operations in the workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of the apprenticeship programme you may have the opportunity to progress to full-time quantity surveyor.
Desired skills and personal qualitiesCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative
QualificationsA Level or equivalent Level 3 Quantity Surveyor or Construction (Grade Pass) Essential