Brief overview of the role
Westlands Academy – Under the direction/instruction of senior staff: provide general admin & reception support at Westlands Academy. You will join, and be supported by, a team of administration colleagues dedicated to providing high-quality and efficient administrative services, who are experienced in supporting colleagues through the apprenticeship process.
What will the apprentice be doing?
Postholders working to this job description may undertake any of the following main duties and responsibilities.
- To deal with enquiries by telephone and face to face, and ensure that they are dealt with effectively and efficiently e.g. answering routine queries and taking messages where appropriate.
- Overseeing the correct operation of the telephone network.
- To ensure that visitors to the school are received courteously and punctually whilst observing the appropriate security procedures.
- Dealing with enquiries from staff and pupils as appropriate.
- Routine photocopying and document collation.
- Undertaking a variety of clerical duties including filing.
- Provide cover/assistance to other members of staff as required.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of children with whom you come into contact, including adhering to all specified procedures.
- To carry out your duties with full regard to the Trust’s Equality Policy.
- To comply with Health and Safety policies, organisation’s statements and procedures, report any incidents/accidents/hazards and take proactive approach to health and safety matters in order to protect both yourself and others.
Any other duties of a similar nature related to the post which may be required from time to time.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration at Stockton Riverside College.
- Functional Skills maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired