Brief overview of the role
Reporting to the Office Manager of both JMAC Scaffolding and JMAC Safety Systems this position is a pivotal role, operating as the key point of contact for external customers and internal business managers. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, have a strong eye for detail and have great customer service skills.
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties and responsibilities
- Booking in jobs and allocating to contracts managers
- Chasing company formal legal documents i.e. handover/dismantle certificates
- To support the contracts managers and operational teams on a daily basis
- Work closely with the operations and office supervisors and Management team
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers and directors
- Maintain various operational systems
- Data input and reporting
- Use your initiative to identify improvements in existing systems and processes
- Work as part of project teams to successfully implement new systems
- Resolve administrative problems and enquiries
- Prepare written responses to enquiries
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- Record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Clerical duties including photocopying and mailing
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Retrieve documents from filing system
- Maintain office supply inventories
- Co-ordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Ad-hoc administration duties across various departments when required
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Handle requests for information, data and reports
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration at Stockton Riverside College.
- Functional skills Maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This role leads to the opportunity to progress within the company.
37.50 Hours, Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 16:30 (half-hour lunch).
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
J MAC SCAFFOLDING LTD
J Mac House Portrack Grange Road
Stockton On Tees