Brief overview of the role
Due to our continuing business growth, we’re now pleased to offer a new apprenticeship role within our business services team. You’ll be developing a range of skills and experience in delivering our reception and administrative support services and will be a key part of a busy team who are often people’s first point of contact with our business.
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is a developmental role enabling completion of an accredited apprenticeship with associated qualifications & gaining of work experience. Some of the duties include:
- Work alongside and contribute to the goals and services of the business services team at the Stockton office, gaining understanding and supporting compliance with practices, procedures and systems
- Gain an understanding of internal and external customers within the business services team and the px business and what this means for you in delivering your responsibilities efficiently and effectively
- Development to be able to support and deliver of a range of administration and business support duties
- Provide excellent customer service & positive promotion of the department to internal & external customers & colleagues, in line with changing business needs, finance strategies and requirements
- Help provide and ensure a safe, tidy and welcoming office environment at all times
- Within required timeframes work with your apprenticeship assessor and assigned px persons to complete academic & work experience apprenticeship requirements
- Complete required training & attendance at college and at site. This will include business appreciation and on-going competency training
- Take responsibility for personal outcomes within your apprenticeship and focus on achieving results
- Continually identify ways to develop yourself & your role & discuss with your manager
- Shadow & provide support to other px personnel in completing responsibilities to achieve results and develop good working relationships
- Develop knowledge in and contribute to required safety, health and quality standards
- Positively present yourself and your apprenticeship to the department, px House, our customers and your apprenticeship provider
N.B. This list is not exhaustive and the undertaking of additional responsibilities may be required, dependent upon business need.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration at Stockton Riverside College
- Functional skills Maths & English, if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
37.50 hours, Monday to Friday, hours to be confirmed.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Things to consider
Stockton On Tees