Brief overview of the role
The L & D Administrator will provide responsive, effective, and efficient administration support to the centralised Learning and Development team within the newly established Learning Hub across the group. The Learning Hub provides L & D administration services to our colleagues and manages the learning offer for our employees.
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be involved in providing administrative support and actively involved with projects and workstreams across the full Learning and Development lifecycle. Your work will support all centralized services across the business giving you an excellent grounding of how the Learning Hub supports the wider business in driving performance through our people.
This will include, but not limited to the following duties:
- Complete tasks in line with company policy and procedures.
- Develop effective on-going relationships at all levels across central L & D services establishing yourself as a credible, respected, and valued administrator, responding to queries directly and influencing managers to follow a best practice approach.
- Support the delivery of centralised administration processes, for example, registers, training schedules, communications, centralised calendars etc.
- Support the Group Training Author in planning and implementation of organisational changes, L & D projects, workstreams, and initiatives that support the business strategy.
- Collation of weekly and monthly reports using in house systems as the centralised service evolves.
- Proactively spot/implement opportunities to improve team ways of working supporting the Group Training Author to identify problems and find solutions.
- Providing L & D support for ad-hoc operational business-related projects, for example; new business wins, L & D workstreams, training events, etc.
- Support the movement from paper based processes to new digital platforms.
- Provide daily support to People team.
- Act as the main point of contact for all training queries throughout the group.
- Daily administration of E-Learning courses, publishing learning material and recording attendance.
- Provide day-to-day support for Training Specialists.
- Attendance at regular team meetings – collate notes and assist with project administration.
- Provide regular support to several departments within HR such as recruitment, operations and payroll.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration at Redcar & Cleveland College.
- Functional skills maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a great opportunity for someone to really help them build their Learning Hub with a real potential for a permanent position.
40 Hours, Monday to Friday, hours to be confirmed.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
SDDE SMITH GROUP LIMITED
120 High Street