The Auxiliary Project Space are a Teesside based arts organisation. Since 2017 we have run events, festivals and exhibitions on Teesside, including The Middlesbrough Art Weekender, the largest annual contemporary arts festival in the Northeast. Looking towards a busy 2022 programme, we are now recruiting a production assistant to assist the artistic director and project manager with delivery across a range of artistic projects, including community engagement and festival activities.
This job is suitable for someone at entry-level or in early stage of their career who would like to gain further experience in the arts sector.
- Assistance with community outreach, liaising and organising (spaces, partners, collaborators and participants as required).
- Contributing to designing and disseminating call-outs, including working across social media and website (training provided).
- Coordinating set-ups and sourcing materials and services needed during artistic residencies and productions.
- Conducting research tasks.
- Supporting the delivery of The Auxiliary programme and overseeing event production.
- Artist support during residency and festival periods.
- Assistance during workshops, to include supporting facilitators and participants, documentation and logistical support.
- Support with evaluation processes.
- Any other reasonable duties in line with the scope of this role.
- Demonstrable producing experience within an arts/culture organisation or on arts and cultural projects. This may include self-generated projects, volunteer or employed positions.
- Friendly, open, and collaborative attitude.
- Reliable and adaptable to a range of individual and organisations’ needs.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and computer skills (e.g. word, excel, and competency in cloud-based programmes).
- Organised, adaptable, and able to prioritise in a high-pressure environment.
25 hours per week. We have a flexible working pattern across 6 days (Mon – Sat).
A shift will be 6 – 8 hours in length. During times when the gallery is open to the public, assistants will be required to work Saturdays.Apply Now!