Wolviston Management Services Ltd are recruiting a temporary Assistant Buyer for a client based in Billingham, who is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of acrylic based products.
This is a temporary ongoing contract, working 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8am – 3pm Friday.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective, efficient, and professional purchasing service to two of our Client’s sites.
- Ensure a professional procurement service is offered to both sites by being a competent user on all SAP transactional procurement functions
- Review raised requisitions and create high volumes of purchase orders
- Place orders using a purchasing card through approved suppliers and ensure all VAT invoices are retained and logs are provided to finance
- Enforce procurement processes by providing guidance and training
- Understand and test customer specification of requirements to ensure the purchased materials or services fully satisfy the needs
- Provide a comprehensive expediting service for strategic orders
- Responsible for maintaining reports, data and graphs in a number of spreadsheets and databases
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a procurement, commercial or manufacturing role
- A-Level (or equivalent) qualifications
- Use of lotus notes databases, the internet, SAP, and a thorough knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Able to prioritise work on a daily basis to meet requirements within agreed timeframes and be flexible
- Provide a high degree of flexibility, be highly organised, good at seeking critical information and have high concerns for standards, procedures and impact on others
- Able to display diplomacy, firmness, persuasiveness, discretion, confidentiality and adaptability
If you feel you have the relevant experience and are looking for a new challenge, please apply.