Are you a motivated and talented Audit & Accounts Manager looking to join a progressive, flexible and one of the region’s largest independent accounting firms?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit & Accounts manager to join our Darlington or Middlesbrough team. The role involves assisting the audit and accounts team in the delivery of year-end accounts and statutory audits, reviewing accounts and audit assignments and managing a team.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing accounts and audit assignments covering various industry sectors and clients
- Working with other managers, senior managers, and partners to plan accounts and audit assignments and ensure they are completed in line with the relevant reporting standards.
- Managing the development and performance of your team, undertaking all line management duties including reviewing and allocating work as appropriate
- Working closely with partners & senior staff to ensure clients’ needs are met and support them in dealing with their responsibilities to clients
- Attending client meetings to discuss draft accounts with a partner or director
- Providing routine accounting, and general commercial advice to clients
- Ensuring that working papers, financial statements, tax returns, and client files are prepared in accordance with the partnership’s standards
- Ensuring accounts and audit assignments are progressed and completed within both time and financial budgets
- Undertaking monthly billing tasks
- Actively participating in department and management meetings
- Making suggestions for updating and improving the department and the firm’s systems and processes
- Attending clients’ premises predominantly across the North-East and Yorkshire depending on office location
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Proven experience of delivering audits on UK GAAP statutory financial statements
- Recent general practice background, with exposure to accounts, audit, and/or tax with strong technical knowledge
- Experience of supervising or managing a team
- Experience of managing audits
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Proven experience of delivering excellent client service
- Be flexible and proactive in managing multiple priorities
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be confident speaking to clients face to face, over the telephone, and by email
- Must have excellent IT skills, including working knowledge of Excel.
- The ability to check work for accuracy and have good attention to detail
- Proven experience of taking ownership of assignments from start through to completion
- The ability to make decisions, solve problems and take appropriate action
- Ability to establish rapport, build trust and demonstrate credibility
- The ability to travel to clients’ premises as required
It would be desirable if you had some knowledge of accounting software packages such as Sage, QuickBooks, and Xero. Knowledge of clients specialist sectors such as charities, academies or the legal profession and knowledge of Iris, Caseware and MyWorkPapers would also be beneficial.
Why Clive Owen?
Over the past few years, we have seen significant growth and now have 13 partners. We work with a portfolio of some of the most innovative and exciting clients across our region, deliver excellent client service and act with integrity in all our interactions. We are progressive in the technology we use to enhance efficiencies and client delivery. We value our people and work together to maintain our strong working culture. We are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and connecting with our communities.
We are committed to supporting work-life balance so offer a variety of flexible working options including hybrid working, nine-day fortnight, part-time working and flexible start and finish times.
We want to build a more representative and inclusive workplace, ensuring all colleagues are treated fairly, with respect and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme
- buy additional holidays through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Health and wellbeing support including an employee assistance programme, mental health first aiders, Kaido and HBSC financial webinars
- Perkbox discounts platform
- discounted health care
- social events
- opportunities for learning and development and fully paid qualifications
- paid professional subscriptions
- eye tests and flu jabs
- volunteering day and organised charitable events