About the employer
What will the apprentice be doing?
JT Building Solutions ltd is a well-established, family run business based in Teesside, with over twenty years’ experience in the building trade.
They undertake all aspects of building work, from small residential projects to large commercial builds, Drains/Sewers, Brickwork, Stone masonry, Patios, Plastering, Plumbing, Joinery, Excavation
The apprentice will carry out the following duties:
- Measure work areas and set out the first rows of bricks or blocks
- Mix mortar by hand or with a mechanical mixer
- Use a trowel to lay bricks and mortar
- Shape and trim bricks using hammers, chisels and power tools
- Check that rows are straight using a spirit level, laser level or plumb line
- Labouring duties
- And other duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Day release at College/Training Provider
- On and off the job training
- Level 2 Bricklaying Apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.