Brief overview of the role
A & B Joinery are looking for a highly motivated individual to join their team as an apprentice plasterer. You will be learning all of the techniques involved in this profession and will eventually become a qualified plasterer. Duties will include carry out boarding, skimming and rendering, under supervision, undertake all work as directed etc.
What will the apprentice be doing?
In this role you will be working on a range of projects learning how to produce high quality work, this involves domestic and commercial property jobs. Some of the tasks that will be involved are as follows:
- Clear work areas and remove rubbish
- Apply layers of plaster onto walls, floors and ceilings
- Work with commercial and domestic customers, other trades, architects and site managers
- Work on a range of different size projects from small scale domestic to big commercial developments
- Dry lining
- Preparing the work space
- Health and Safety rules to follow
- Carry in materials to job – Plasterboards, Plaster Bags
- Relevant preparation work
- Under supervision, undertake all work as directed
- Maintain, clean and store tools, equipment and vans
- Follow company policies, attend mandatory training for your apprenticeship with Redcar and Cleveland College
- Carry out any duty as reasonably requested
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Plasterer at Redcar & Cleveland College.
- Functional skills maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a long term opportunity to have a career in the plastering industry. The current staff members all started by doing their apprenticeships with the company.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Other Driving licence (Grade Pass) Desired