What will the apprentice be doing?
A Document Controller works within a Project Management Office (PMO) supporting a Project Manager(s) controlling the flow of information and documentation throughout the project lifecycle. The apprentice role with work with the main document controller for all projects and liaise with cost controllers, planners, and quantity surveyors to contribute to the smooth operation of the full project.
- Here are a few of the duties:
- Assume ownership of the project Master Document Register(s) (MDR) from handover and maintain an auditable record of all information and documentation.
- Provide a conduit between all stakeholders, Client and contractors to ensure all information is issued, actioned and filed correctly in the approved project folder structures.
- Adhere to the company document control and numbering protocols.
- Maintain communication matrices and ensure transmittal notices and review forms are distributed accordingly.
- Control all changes and amendments to ensure the latest revision is in circulation and ensure all superseded documentation is archived.
- Provide reports and present key information to key stakeholders as required.
- Support continuous improvement objectives with efficiencies and synergies
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- On and off the job training
- Level 3 Business Administraion Apprenticeship
- Day release at Middlesbrough College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme, there could be a potential position of employment available.Apply Now!