Brief overview of the role
Bertschi are seeking an Apprentice Terminal Operative at their prestigious facility based in Middlesbrough. The ideal candidate will be hardworking and interested in working with cranes, forklift trucks and different types of equipment required to get the job done.
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will:
- Learn how to operate and handle equipment safely and efficiently, such as overhead cranes, forklift trucks, reach stackers, depot shunt vehicles, and our steam generators
- Handle loaded and empty tank containers, some containing hazardous products
- Work individually and as part of a team
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping
- Carry out minor repairs and maintenance tasks to equipment as and when required
- Use IT applications and other relevant systems required to ensure the safe and efficient completion of duties
- Maintaining a clean and tidy workplace
- Managing your workload efficiently
- Complying with all relevant HSE regulations, as well as company processes and procedures in all tasks
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Supply Chain Operator at Stockton Riverside College
- Functional skills Maths and English, if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired