About the employer
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting Residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living
- Assist Residents in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed, whilst ensuring Residents retain their comfort and dignity
- Pay particular attention to assisting Residents who have limited mobility, or physical /learning difficulties, making the best use of aids provided
- Closely monitor Residents who may be confused and / or who have behavioural problems
- Assist in the promotion of continence
- Assist in the delivery of care for Residents who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Assist with last offices
- Observe care planning needs for Residents and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the
- Company’s policies and procedures
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with Residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Home
- Answer Nurse call system, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly and pass on messages promptly
- Under the supervision and guidance of senior Care Staff, report on the well-being of Residents
- Carry out regular checks on Residents at intervals determined by senior Staff Members
- Make Visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments/assistance as and when required
- Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty, in line with the Home’s disposal of waste policy
- Ensure the Home’s resources are used appropriately
- Clean and maintain equipment used by Residents / Relatives e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles etc.
- Ensure the Home is kept clean and tidy, in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy
- If applicable, care for Residents’ clothing and rooms as named, and ensure that all clothing is recorded and clearly marked.
- Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and the bereaved, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Assist Residents who need help during mealtimes (be aware of swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc)
- Assist with serving of food / drinks as requested / required. Wash up as requested / required
- Escort Residents travelling to and from the Home e.g., on social outings, hospital visits etc.
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Residents’ personal and financial affairs and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with Residents
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful applicant will complete and obtain an Level 2 Diploma in Care Qualification through Learning Curve Group.
You will be taught through:
- 4-6 weekly 1-2-1 sessions with your tutor
- 6 hours per week to complete the apprenticeship
- The course is a 12 month programme
More info can be found here – https://www.learningcurvegroup.co.uk/courses/learners/level-two-adult-care-worker-apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, a job would be guaranteed with further development and qualification.