An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed individual to influence and contribute as part of the award winning Catering Services team at Darlington Memorial Hospital .
We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable and self-motivated people to become a part of our team for the safe production of over 17,000 meals per week within a Central Production Unit(CPU) .
Successful applicants will be expected to display their ability to operate in a very busy environment whilst displaying Impeccable hygiene standards, knowledge and practices.
The successful applicant will have :
• A good knowledge of catering practices and procedures will be required which may have been gained in a similar hospital environment or in the catering private sector.
• Sound knowledge of food hygiene regulations
Good knowledge of ingredient recipes and associated allergens will also be essential.
• Demonstrate a can do attitude
• Level 2 Certificate in Food Hygiene
Main duties of the job
• To work under the direction of the Food Production Supervisors to assist with the preparation and cooking of nutritious and appetizing meals according to planned menus, using specified recipes, methods and systems for cook chill
• Ensure high standards of food quality from point of purchase to meal preparation, cooking and service, ensuring quality control process throughout.
• To ensure temperature monitoring and recording of all produced meals/foodstuffs and food storage equipment in accordance with standards as laid down in the Catering Departments Policies and Procedures and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points(HACCP)
• To assist and comply in the general cleaning of premises/equipment in accordance with agreed cleaning schedules as specified
• To display a high standard of personal hygiene
CDD Services / SCL is a wholly owned subsidiary of County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust (CDDFT) set up to deliver a range of non-clinical services The company is a separate legal body to CDDFT.
CDD Services offers its own Terms and Conditions of employment which differ to the national NHS Terms and Conditions. As an employee in the company you will benefit from:
- A Competitive salary
- Excellent Performance Related Bonus Scheme
- Access to a pension scheme – National Employment Savings Trust (NEST) CDD Services will pay a 3% contribution (this is over and above the minimum contribution rate at the present time)
- Night Shift Working Allowances (where appropriate)
- Bank Holiday Working Allowances (where appropriate)
Bank work is offered on an ‘as and when’ basis with no guaranteed hours and will be paid on a pro-rata hourly rate for hours worked only.Apply Now!