We see ourselves as a new civilisation of people emerging to make the world of gaming better. We’re a different breed of games company – we do things our own way in our own style, not necessarily following what’s been done before.
Our people are at the heart of our evolution and we nurture them to be their best. Without them our vision would fail.
We strive to avoid crunch, overtime is optional and always paid, and we offer flexible working hours to allow you to enjoy a normal family life whilst making great games.
We’ve helped millions to fight their way through fearsome mobs in Minecraft Dungeons, battle each other and the environment in Rust: Console Edition and most recently worked with Bethesda Game Studios to craft new adventures for Vault Dwellers around the world in Fallout 76.
We’re growing rapidly and as a result we’re looking for a Character Artist to join our studio in Middlesbrough (UK), home to the beautiful North Yorkshire coastline and countryside. As a Character Artist at Double Eleven, you’ll specialise in creating a diverse range of wonderful characters using all of the latest art production techniques and be part of scheduling as well as supporting fellow artists.
In this role you will set up camp at our HQ in Middlesbrough. We are continuing to assess the covid-19 situation, and our studio is set-up with the necessary covid-19 support measures to keep our teams safe. The wellbeing of our teams is at the heart of everything we do, and we are keen that all our teams feel safe and reassured.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and we’re unable to sponsor a visa for this role. We can support UK relocation and have a dedicated People team on standby to assist you and your family with every step to us.
We kindly ask all applicants to submit a portfolio to support their application. We’re afraid applications without an accompanying portfolio will not be considered.
WOULD YOU ENJOY
- Helping to create beautiful games
- Being part of an amazing team working on multiple AAA titles
- Being trusted to work independently and proactively to the highest standards
- Working with experienced teams in the industry
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Specialising in the creation of a wide variety of 3D character models, which could also include skins, props and environment pieces
- Working in our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and art styles
- Produce rich materials and shaders that complement and enhance the 3D models
- Work closely with the Lead Artists to deliver and maintain the established art style
- Help where possible to troubleshoot and provide solutions to issues related to asset creation, performance, and technical requirements
- Work well within the team environment
- Must be honest and operate at a high level of integrity, team spirit and drive
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A strong portfolio illustrating proficiency as a Character Artist
- Good experience with real-time 3D packages such as Unreal or Unity
- Good experience in a game production environment
- Good understanding of human anatomy and posing characters
- Good understanding of Maya/Max, Z-Brush, Substance Painter
- Solid experience generating PBR materials and shaders
- Experience working on current generation games
- Effective communicator with art staff and team leads
- Highly motivated and proactive within a team
- Ability to collaborate and contribute effectively in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
All relevant qualifications consideredApply Now!