This is an hourly paid positon and hours will vary, evening and weekend working is required. The role is to play an integral role within an inter-disciplinary team based at Teesside University providing physiotherapy and rehabilitation services for the following schemes: Football Academy, TASS, FA RTC/ETC, Aamp Champs; and various Teesside Sport Scholarship Schemes.
The successful applicant/s will be responsible for supervising student-led clinics providing (but not limited to): injury assessment, treatment and rehabilitation; injury prevention strategies; recovery advice and practical sessions .
Essential Requirements are:
- Degree or MSc in Physiotherapy or Sports Physiotherapy
- Minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience
- Chartered status with the CSP.
- FA First Aid qualification, or willingness to undertake
- FA Safeguarding Children, or willingness to undertake
- FA DBS check, or willingness to undertake
- Flexibility regarding evening and weekend clinical and training sessions
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- An ability to contribute positively to an inter-disciplinary team
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in supervising students and providing feedback to assist in development of skills.
- Adhere to the University’s Health and Safety Policy and guidelines.
- Promote Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion and embrace the University’s Values and Behaviours Framework.
- Ability keep accurate records (notes) in line with GDPR
- To undertake any other reasonable duties that may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the post and the needs of the business.
The position we are filling is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act so all candidates will need an in-date FA DBS. These can be obtained through North Riding County FA.
This post is available on a full-time or job share basis. If you wish to apply on a job share basis you must state this on your application.
Please be advised that due to the minimum salary thresholds imposed by the UKVI, this post will not qualify for University sponsorship under the Skilled Worker visa route.
For further details of this and other posts, please refer to our website at http://www.tees.ac.uk/jobs
Please note if you are invited to interview this will take place via Microsoft TeamsApply Now!