(Full Time, Fixed Term Contract Until April 2027)
Middlesbrough Football Club Foundation (MFCF) is the Club’s independent charity of MFC established in 1996 by Club Chairperson, Steve Gibson. The Foundation uses the power of the MFC brand to engage with the community to provide opportunities for disadvantaged young people and adults to maximise their potential to achieve.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be involved in a growing and passionate team within an award-winning charity. Working closely with the Community Officer and Active Through Football Coordinator, this role will deliver on the Middlesbrough FC Foundation Active Through Football programme funded by the Football Foundation in partnership with Sport England and the Active Through Football programme within Newport and North Ormesby. The successful candidate will also focus on delivering engaging activity within the two Middlesbrough wards, using football as the hook to engage and increase activity levels. This is community led delivery model and the role will work in collaboration with local partners and participants to build sustainable activities.
- Deliver informal physical activity and football sessions to adults predominantly, within the identified wards of Newport and North Ormesby, Middlesbrough.
- Support the development of relationships with local partners and participants.
- Identify opportunities to develop and deliver a flexible programme of activity to increase engagement with the local community.
- Support the Active Through Football Coordinator to design and adapt the content of delivery to meet the needs of target groups.
- Deliver group activity and workshops related to the needs of the Active Through Football programme and linking in with wider Foundation programmes where suitable.
- Contribute to engaging social media content with the support of the Media Officer.
- Be committed to researching, applying and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion across the charity including demonstrating a strong commitment to inclusive activities and engagements to ensure equal opportunities for all. Promote change and positively challenge discrimination.
- Understand social inclusion and the issues facing people from disadvantaged communities with a desire to make a difference to the lives of those people.
- Have the ability to adapt sessions to the needs of participants and conduct conversations around any support they may wish to receive to take part comfortably in sessions.
- Excellent communication skills to be used across a broad range of participants, including those currently inactive.
- Have an understanding and passion for improving the ability, opportunity and dignity of disadvantaged and under-represented groups or individuals in our communities.
- Full driving licence with ability to work/visit a variety of locations other than immediate workplace on a regular basis.
- Level 1 sports coaching qualification from a recognised NGB (and willingness to develop).
- Mental health first aid qualification.
- Emergency First Aid qualification.
This post falls within the scope of ‘regulated activity’ and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
CLOSING DATE: 13th October 2023
INTERVIEWS: W/C 6th November 2023
Owing to the high volume of applications expected, if we have not contacted you within two-weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview.
MFCF is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
MFCF is also committed to the safeguarding of vulnerable groups.