Brief overview of the role
Freers Askew Bunting Solicitors are looking for someone who has strong organisational skills and a passion for customer care to join their busy law firm. In this role, you will be working towards providing professional, efficient, and proactive administration support within the firm, through on-the-job training and research.
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Glean information and skills from other members of the team.
- Work closely with the team in gaining experience.
- Gather information to benefit your role and experience.
- Monitor incoming telephone and visitor enquiries on behalf of the firm.
- Dealing with enquiries from clients via email and responding in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to the departments in relation to the workload.
- Undertake photocopying, scanning and formatting of documents.
- Ensure client records/files are kept up to date and in accordance with our office policy.
- Diary management of meeting rooms.
- Adhere to the Data Protection Act principles and always respect the confidentiality of data.
- Maintain office systems.
- Arrange and confirm appointments with clients and third parties.
- Operate office equipment.
- Assist with the closing of files.
- General administrative duties as and when required.
- Other reasonable duties as and when required – such as assisting with the work of other colleagues as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Customer Service at Stockton Riverside College.
- Functional Skills Maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired