What we do: We develop and champion North East England as one of the UK’s leading film and TV production hubs where exceptional screen industry companies can thrive and talent can live, create, and work.
What you’ll do: The Development Coordinator will provide admin support to North East Screen; with a particular emphasis on supporting, promoting and tracking talent.
Who you’ll report to: Talent and Business Development Manager.
Key tasks could include:
- Being the first point of contact for all enquiries, identifying appropriate next steps, tracking correspondence, and maintaining accurate records.
- Coordinating the team’s meetings and diaries, maintaining accurate minutes.
- Working with the wider team to organise all administrative elements of in-person and online events.
- Preparing and creating digital content and copy for use on our website and social media, and in presentations, pitches and talent decks.
- Growing, developing and maintaining the team’s network and contacts.
- Working with the monitoring team to collect and collate statistical information on team activities, providing regular updates to support monitoring and evaluation.
- Any other responsibility/task that the Talent and Business Development Manager may consider appropriate to the role.
Experience and skills you’ll bring to the role:
- Good organisational skills, with proven ability to proactively solve problems, manage complex tasks and communicate effectively.
- Experience of supporting and coordinating events: in-person and online.
- Experience of using spreadsheets to track information. Accuracy and attention to detail when recording and collating data.
- An understanding of preparing and using content for digital campaigns and social media to promote initiatives and talent.
- Experience of MS Office tools including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience of content creation and management tools i.e., Canva and WordPress.
- Keenness to strive for best practise & a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise workflow.
- Clear, articulate communication skills both oral and written.
- Respectful of employees, customers, and team members in all communications
- A team player who can work on own initiative.
- An ability to build strong working relationships with people at all levels.
- Understanding of equalities, diversity, and inclusion.
- A genuine interest in film and television.
- Keen interest in digital content.
- Corporate responsibilities including working with your line manager to organise work schedule, and creating and maintaining professional relationships with staff.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to North East Screen’s diversity, equality and inclusion responsibilities, which include a positive and proactive approach to equality of opportunity in all aspects of the organisation’s operations, particularly in relation to people from under-represented groups.
Health and Safety
- Ensure compliance with company health and safety policies, procedures and good practices.
- Promote, develop and implement organisational activities which support and enhance environmental sustainability.
The post holder must also be able to work in a flexible way which includes travel and working at North East Screen’s head office in Sunderland and the wider North East, with some out of hours working at events and with digital support.
To apply please send in a covering letter aligning your skills to the job description along with your CV by midnight Sunday 8th October 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Coordinator Application in the subject heading.
Interviews to be held Thursday 19th October in Sunderland.Apply Now!