We have an EHS Manager opportunity in Teesside where the successful candidate will be part of a project, one of the first in the UK to turn waste into fuel.
The project aims to make fuel which produces 80% fewer greenhouse gases than current fossil fuels. Once operational the plant would create 180 million litres of fuel a year.
This is a long term ongoing PAYE contract (approximately 2 years) with a competitive salary on offer, working on 7.30am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
The role is critical to compliance with the environmental health and safety, they will guide through commissioning and operations, provide advice for demolition and construction of the plant.
- Overview of construction, projects and maintenance and deliver the EHS plan contributing to the production demands and constraints
- Take the lead on continuous improvement initiatives
- Create, maintain, review all EHS, strategies, policies, and procedures in line with good industry practices and comply with regulations
- Advice to senior management on EH&S related issues
- Monitoring of site compliance with both corporate and location specific EH&S policies, principles and procedures
- Lead any investigations into EH&S incidents
- Management of 3rd Party consultants
- Environmental reporting including EU ETS, permit submissions
- Educated to degree level (environmental, health & safety discipline or engineering)
- Membership of an appropriate institute
- Commissioning experience that leans more towards environmental/emission side
- Extensive experience with a large power generating asset or similar industry
If this EHS Manager position interests you, please submit your CV.Apply Now!