We see ourselves as a new civilisation of people emerging to make the world of gaming better. We’re a different breed of games company – we do things our own way in our own style, not necessarily following what’s been done before.
Our people are at the heart of our evolution and we nurture them to be their best. Without them our vision would fail.
We strive to avoid crunch, overtime is optional and always paid, and we offer flexible working hours to allow you to enjoy a normal family life whilst making great games.
We’ve helped millions to fight their way through fearsome mobs in Minecraft Dungeons, battle each other and the environment in Rust: Console Edition and most recently worked with Bethesda Game Studios to craft new adventures for Vault Dwellers around the world in Fallout 76.
We’re growing rapidly and as a result we’re looking for an Environment Artist to join our studio in Middlesbrough (UK), home to the beautiful North Yorkshire coastline and countryside. As an Environment Artist at Double Eleven, you’ll be specialising in creating a diverse range of environments using all of the latest art production techniques, help schedule the creation of the assets as well as supporting fellow artists.
In this role you will set up camp at our HQ in Middlesbrough. We are continuing to assess the covid-19 situation, and our studio is set-up with the necessary covid-19 support measures to keep our teams safe. The wellbeing of our teams is at the heart of everything we do, and we are keen that all our teams feel safe and reassured.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and we’re unable to sponsor a visa for this role. We can support UK relocation and have a dedicated People team on standby to assist you and your family with every step to us.
We kindly ask all applicants to submit a portfolio to support their application. We’re afraid applications without an accompanying portfolio will not be considered.
WOULD YOU ENJOY
- Helping to create beautiful games
- Being part of an amazing team working on multiple AAA titles
- Work proactively to the highest standards
- Working with experienced teams in the industry
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Able to create stunning environments with the help from concept art and art direction
- Able to verify asset quality once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary
- Good technical understanding of how to manage assets to fit memory, design, and performance
- Working in our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and art styles
- Produce rich materials and shaders that complement and enhance environments and props
- Work closely with Artists and Lead Artists to deliver and maintain the established art style
- Help to plan and estimate workload
- Work well within the team environment and be able to support other team members
- Proactively stay up on new software, processes and industry trends and share the knowledge with the team
- Must be trustworthy and operate at a high level of integrity, team spirit and drive
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A strong portfolio illustrating proficiency as an Environment Artist
- Good understanding of Maya/Max, Substance Designer/Painter, and Z-Brush/Mudbox
- Experienced in generating PBR materials and shaders
- Good Unity/Unreal experience including asset import and management, optimization, material, lighting and baking
- Experienced in working on current generation games
- Effective communicator with art staff and team leads
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Able to collaborate and contribute effectively in a team environment
- Experience in a game production environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
All relevant qualifications consideredApply Now!