We see ourselves as a new civilisation of people emerging to make the world of gaming better. We’re a different breed of games company – we do things our own way in our own style, not necessarily following what’s been done before.
Our people are at the heart of our evolution and we nurture them to be their best. Without them our vision would fail.
We strive to avoid crunch, overtime is optional and always paid, and we offer flexible working hours to allow you to enjoy a normal family life whilst making great games.
We’ve helped millions to fight their way through fearsome mobs in Minecraft Dungeons, battle each other and the environment in Rust: Console Edition and most recently worked with Bethesda Game Studios to craft new adventures for Vault Dwellers around the world in Fallout 76.
We’re growing rapidly and as a result we’re looking for an experienced UI Artist to join our studio in Middlesbrough (UK), home to the beautiful North Yorkshire coastline and countryside. As a UI Artist at Double Eleven, you’ll be part of the driving force behind all our User Interface visuals. Your talent and attention to detail will be guiding our players through the game with crystal clarity and beautiful 2D and 3D artwork. You’ll be able to work within a small team of like-minded individuals and communicate your passion for games through stunning visuals and graphic design.
You’ll set up camp at our HQ in Middlesbrough. We are continuing to assess the covid-19 situation, and our studio is set-up with the necessary covid-19 support measures to keep our team safe. The wellbeing of our team is at the heart of everything we do, and we are keen to ensure that every member of our team feels safe and supported.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and we’re unable to sponsor a visa for this role. We can support UK relocation and have a dedicated People team on standby to assist you and your family with every step to us.
We kindly ask all applicants to submit a portfolio to support their application. We’re afraid applications without an accompanying portfolio will not be considered.
WOULD YOU ENJOY
- Helping to create beautiful games
- Being part of an amazing team working on multiple AAA titles
- Being trusted to work independently and proactively to the highest standards
- Working with experienced teams in the industry
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working closely with the art and design team to concept, experiment, explore and develop a wide variety of game UI styles and assets, including buttons, icons, frames and menu designs
- Creating and working within a broad range of styles from bright casual games to hardcore gaming genres
- Creating interface art assets that are flexible and efficient, to a high quality and in a variety of styles
- Iterating and refining designs and assets to continually adapt to market trends and visual styles
- Working with the publishing team to create store-ready sales and promotional art assets
- Mentoring and fostering creativity in other growing artists
- Helping to manage schedules, support the UI team and work closely with senior UI Artists
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A good understanding in delivering great UI experiences from start to finish in a similar role
- Good experience developing UI Art for games
- Excellent visual design skills with regard to colour theory, shapes, layout and typography with great sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, and an ability to clearly articulate reasoning behind those decisions
- Internally driven and proactive, with a deep passion for establishing and maintaining great user experiences and stunning visual design
- 2D and 3D illustrative ability both freehand and technical vector art skillsets
- Proactive in learning and developing your skills to the next level
- Good understanding of the differing UI needs between platforms including console and PC
- Good understanding of animation and special effects (After Effects / Flash or similar)
- Experienced in using Adobe Suite (After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Experience using Unity / Unreal UI engines
- A portfolio showing strong foundational graphic design/iconography skills
- Experience in developing UI Art for games
All relevant qualifications consideredApply Now!