What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will be part of the finance team, assisting with day to day finance duties such as:
- Maintain and use Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft office
- Process receipts/payments using online banking system, AP/AR and misc
- Monitor and distribute the accounts mailbox and post, ensuring all correspondence, invoices, statements etc.. are distributed or dealt with efficiently
- Create new supplier and customer accounts within Sage 1000
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Record Keeping
- Send customer statements
- Other ad hoc accounting duties as and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Accounts or Finance Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Day release at Middlesbrough College
- On and off-the-job training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Depending on the circumstances of business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available