Job Title Finance Officer – Purchasing & Procurement
Job Ref REQ0000773
Salary £24,899.22 Actual Salary H21
Hours 37 hours a week, full time
Location Stockton Riverside College
Education Training Collective (Etc.) is a group of vibrant colleges and training providers offering high quality educational opportunities. Incorporating Bede Sixth Form, NETA Training, Redcar and Cleveland College, The Skills Academy and Stockton Riverside College, Etc. delivers a full range of courses, training and apprenticeship opportunities, as well as professional and commercial courses.
96% of staff would recommend the Group as a good place to work, so why not join us?
Our staff are skilled, high performing and committed to our learners and we now wish to appoint a dynamic Finance Officer – Purchasing & Procurement who shares this commitment.
The Finance Officer – Purchasing & Procurement plays a key role in team and business success. The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective & efficient running of the purchase ledger and procurement functions, ensuring uninterrupted continuity of resources and services for the group.
- Processing of purchase orders, invoices, credit notes and payment runs, in accordance with financial regulations, policies and procedures.
- Processing of student bursary payments.
- Checking, processing and recording of credit card purchases.
- Processing of staff expense claims in accordance with financial regulations and expenses policy.
- Reconciliation of creditor payments to the bank statement.
- Supervisory duties in respect of the Finance Assistants as directed by the Group Head of Finance.
- Develop, implement and review procedures and systems putting in place necessary controls and ensuring compliance with financial regulations.
- Professional Accountancy (AAT) qualification or working towards
- Experience in complying with financial regulations and policies
- Experience in operating computerised accounting system
- Ability to use IT systems and packages including Excel.
- Ability to work to own initiative and make decisions when appropriate
- Commitment to team working
- Excellent interpersonal skills able to relate to all levels of staff
- Resilience, stamina and reliability under pressure
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet key deadline
We can offer the successful candidate the following amazing benefits:
- 34-38 days annual leave, including Bank holidays; (plus, only 3 days leave is required for the 2-week Christmas closure)
- Pro-Hybrid Working employer (working from home for part of the working week)*
- Free gym membership
- Thanking You Rewards Scheme – https://thanking-you.rewardgateway.co.uk
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Bike to Work Scheme – https://www.bike2workscheme.co.uk
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing programme
- Better Health at Work Scheme
- Family Friendly Policy
- Excellent Opportunities for Learning and Development
- Opportunities for progression within a large organisation
- Annual staff seminar and awards
- To find out more, read our Staff Benefits brochure
*Subject to staff availability and workload
So if you believe you have the necessary skills, experience, commitment and determination to succeed and would relish the opportunity to work with us, then we would love to hear from you.
The closing date for receipt of completed application is Midnight 10th February 2023
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide details of all unspent convictions and those that would not be filtered, prior to the date of the interview. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure by the DBS.
If you are unsure whether you need to disclose criminal information, you should seek legal advice or you may wish to contact Nacro or Unlock for impartial advice. There is more information on filtering and protected offences on the Ministry of Justice website. Nacro – https://www.nacro.org.uk/criminal-record-support-service/ or email email@example.com or phone 0300 123 1999 Unlock – http://hub.unlock.org.uk/contact/ phone 01634 247350 text 07824 113848.
The Etc. Group is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and access for all, irrespective of age, background, race, gender, religion, ability, disability or sexuality. Safeguarding is also priority for the group and we have key policies and systems which help to make the group a safe place for learners and staff. The purpose of these policies is to provide clear guidance regarding Safeguarding responsibilities throughout the group, including the Prevent Duty. To read more, please visit https://www.stockton.ac.uk/about-us/safeguarding/
We welcome applications for employment from the whole community.
*note we do not accept CVs or late applications, no agencies please
All applications must be completed via our website https://www.stockton.ac.uk/Apply Now!