We are seeking an experienced Health Care Assistant whose work will vary dependent on their skill set.
Venipuncture will be a necessary task. This position is open to full or part-time applicants as we are not replacing a like-for-like role.
We are a forward-thinking practice who encourages career development, and we would support education and training.
For more information, an informal chat or to arrange a visit to the practice please contact Liz Stewart Practice Manager on 01325 332022.
Main duties of the job
Undertake new patient health checks
· Support the practice nurse with health promotion programmes
· Carry out baseline observations such as pulse oximitery, blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, recording findings accurately
· Facilitate routine and 24-hour BP monitoring, advising patients accordingly
· Undertake wound care, dressings and other clinical tasks as required
· Support the practice nurse with the management of chronic disease clinics
· Carry out BMI checks as directed
· Act as a chaperone as required
· When trained, undertake venepuncture
· When trained, administer flu vaccinations
· When trained, carry out ear irrigation under the supervison of the practice nurse
· Carry out ECGs as requested
· Ensure specimens are recorded and ready for onward transportation
· Provide support during minor operations as required
· Ensure all clinical rooms are adequately stocked and prepared for each session
· Ensure fridges are cleaned routinely in accordance with extant guidance
· Ensure clinical waste is removed from clinical areas and sharps bins replaced in accordance with the practice IPC policy
· Deliver opportunistic health promotion where appropriate
St George’s Medical Practice is a friendly practice located in Middleton St George (between Darlington and Yarm) serving 5600 patients. We are due to move into a new purpose-built surgery in 2023.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic Health Care Assistant to join us. Our current team consists of 3 GP Partners, a Nurse Practitioner and a two Practice Nurses.Apply Now!