Teesside International Airport (TIA)
Job Title: Health & Safety Advisor
Reporting Manager: Head of HSE
Teesside International Airport is a regional airport seeking to develop global connectivity, along with domestic and European business routes and leisure opportunities. The Airport is also focused on developing broader aviation related activities.
About the role:
To ensure that Teesside International Airport complies with Health and Safety legislation and best practice and has suitable and effective safety management systems in place to maintain compliance with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) & Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
Specific duties will include:
- Create and oversee a proactive culture towards health and safety throughout the organisation;
- Manage any breaches of legislation regarding Health & Safety and the Environment;
- Ensure a smooth process of continuous improvement in respect of HSE;
- Provide support and advice for standard operating procedures and ensure local guidelines are fully aligned;
- Assist internal teams to ensure all accidents and incidents are correctly reported and investigated to identify both immediate and root causes;
- Ensure learning opportunities and corrective actions arising out accident and incident investigation processes;
- Compile timely and accurate data / KPIs and produce reports;
- Conduct site inspections and audits;
- Provide advice and support in respect of operational environmental matters;
- Provide support to assist in certification in respect of safety, quality, and environment regulatory requirements
- Create and provide internal HSE training in support to the operations teams;
- Chair health & safety/regulatory meetings
- Ensure a wide range of risk assessments are undertaken and developed to eliminate or reduce risks to the health and safety of employees and other persons.
The successful candidate will have:
- Recognised Occupational Health & Safety qualification e.g. IOSH certificate or NEBOSH Diploma;
- Proven competency as a Health and Safety professional applying legislation and practical health and safety standards in a regulated organisation;
- A thorough knowledge of health and safety law, and associated legislation, current approaches and strategies and the ability to apply these within the workplace;
- Experience of working with health and safety management systems and the ability to apply their principles in developing and maintaining effective management systems;
- Experience of undertaking and or advising on risk assessments;
- Experience of incident / accident investigation;
- Knowledge of risk management;
- Proven experience of producing and delivering high quality communications including presentations, reports and emails;
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships;
- Strong IT skills and an ability to analyse statistics;
- A flexible attitude to working hours;
- Hold a valid UK driving licence;
- Experience of working in an aviation environment would be an advantage.
In order to obtain a security pass, you will also be required to complete a Criminal Records Check and a five-year background check via references.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Health & Safety Advisory: 5 years (required)
- IOSH certificate or NEBOSH Diploma (required)
Work Location: One locationApply Now!