Teesworks Skills Academy is delighted to be working with our client SeAH Wind Ltd on the recruitment of their Health, Safety & Environment Manager to be based onsite in Teesside.
The HSE Manager will act as the primary competent person and the general point of contact for all elements of health, safety and the environment. The HSE Manager will establish policies and associated strategies and systems to strengthen the company’s core capabilities, developing and implementing organisational safety programmes that adhere to UK health and safety regulations.
As HSE manager you will be responsible for setting up the company’s policies, procedures and systems; organising field inspections and producing reports; establishing the company’s health, safety and environmental standards; developing disaster/accident management procedures/measures; establishing and managing environmental emissions, fire prevention and gas management systems; provide management to the wider team and develop structured competency development frameworks to support workforce development.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a globally recognised industry leader in establishing and growing their UK operations, to play a pivotal role in the UK offshore wind supply chain to meet the UK’s Net Carbon goals by building the single largest Monopile facility in the world.
- set up the company’s policies, procedures and systems
- organise regular on-site inspections and preparing relevant reports
- manage internal and external audit management systems
- establish the company’s health, safety and environmental policies and associated strategies
- establish health, safety and environmental standards
- inspect and manage the plants risk assessment
- plant indicator management
- establish and manage safety accident prevention
- establish and manage environmental accident prevention
- improve the working environment
- establish statutory medical examinations for the workforce
- manage waste and waste-water
- supervise fire management
- supervise gas facilities
- air, water, waste, soil pollution and chemical emission management
- develop competency frameworks for health, safety and the environment to develop the workforce
- develop a positive work culture
- Manage litigation, industrial accidents and occupational diseases
The ideal HSE Manager will have:
- Degree in Occupational Health & Safety/engineering or related field
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience within a similar role and environment Engineering/Manufacturing industry experience, heavy manufacturing experience is preferred
- Experience of safety, health and environmental work management commensurate with UK law and regulation.
Click apply now and send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now!