Brief overview of the role
SeattleLab are seeking an apprentice ICT Technician to join their fast growing technical services company based in Stockton-on-Tees. You will be supporting and enhancing some legacy applications for their customers around the world but also working with their development teams on testing and supporting new projects.
The ICT Technician role is desk based resolving system user queries and resolving faults in a helpdesk environment where our customers report issues or raise queries related to our products.
As an ICT Technician, you will be required to record the problem and either get it fixed or escalated to a more senior engineer. However, as we develop our own applications, you will be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and/or software faults, solving technical and applications problems, either remotely or in person. Some examples of these issues are software faults, slow performance, connection problems, and an inability to access data.
ICT Technician Responsibilities:
- Answering and recording faults or issues reported to the Technical Support Desk
- Support and maintenance of existing legacy applications and resolution of any maintenance support calls from clients
- Consulting with internal stakeholders and external customers to determine the scope of software development projects
- Collaborating with the software development team on application testing and support
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures
- Creating end-user application feedback channels
- Documenting processes and maintaining software development records
- Keeping up to date with third party software and infrastructure, especially Windows Server, AWS and other systems that out applications rely on
You will be based on the Technical Support centre in Stockton-on-Tees where you will have access to our internal support systems, test beds, Social Media platform and applications. As part of the team, you will be working with other members of the support and development teams to test and release new applications as well as to support existing installations.
- 37 Hours, Monday to Friday, hours to be confirmed
- Interpret technical specifications relevant to the ICT taskC++ certification preferred
- Undertake the relevant processes with the relevant tools and technologies to resolve ICT technical issues
- Communicate with all levels of stakeholders, talking them through steps to take to resolve issues or set up systems, keeping them informed of progress and managing escalation and expectations
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Willingness to try and develop
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- An interest in IT
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
- An opportunity to progress within the company after the Apprenticeship
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills maths & English, if required