Eemits Communications Ltd are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a train as an Information Communications Technician Apprentice. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Information Communication Technician.
What will the apprentice be doing?
The post holder will learn how to undertake the following duties in accordance with Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) which are subject to continued change:
• Know how to handle and support various IT and telecommunication equipment.
• Identify, evaluate and find solutions to different IT and telecommunication technical problems.
• Visit customer sites to install, maintain and repair when needed, often at remote locations and outside of normal working hours when required
• Work promptly in urgent situations and be prepared to handle any interruptions of service.
• Design and build IT and telecommunications system.
• Proactive in foreseeing problems in equipment and service and come forward with solutions before they crop up.
• Troubleshoot equipment and technical defects that occur
• Build a wide array of knowledge in the installation, circuitry, government compliance and of IT and telecom systems.
• To comply with the company’s working practices and BS EN 9001:2008, 14001 2004, SafeContractor and Investor in People procedures.
• To undertake training as agreed by the Engineering Manager.
• Attend college as required in order to gain the relevant qualifications.
• Ensure that own tools and tools of the company are kept clean and are maintained in a serviceable condition.
• To perform duties that are commensurate with the post.
To undertake any other duties commensurate with the role and salary as requested by your Line Manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Day Release
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.